Tuesday, September 23, 2008

the biginning and the end

THE HEADWATERS OF THE MIGHTY MISSISSIPPI RIVER. starts so small both mom and i walked across it. This is where the longest river in the continent starts and the 4Th longest
River in the WORLD. THIS IS THE BEGINNING.
THIS IS CONFLUENCE OF THE YELLOWSTONE RIVER AND MISSOURI RIVER. The Yellowstone flows into the Missouri and becomes from here on the Missouri River. This is the END.
OK, it took a while, but we have met the beginning and the end in our mission.

the pictures below (if I can find them) represent the head waters of the mighty Mississippi River (I can finally use the word I learned to spell in first grade when I learned how to rhythmically spell M*I*S*S*I*S*S*I*P*P*I)

and then we have visited the end of the Yellowstone River as it flows into the Mighty Missouri River.

No comments: